SA WAREHOUSES ESTATES BELGIUM (abbreviated as WEB SA), public limited company with its head office located at 29, avenue Jean Mermoz, Charleroi (6041 Gosselies) (BCE 0426.715.074 – Charleroi CR) (hereinafter referred to as « we, us/our » or WEB SA), is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our Policy explains:
- The information that we collect,
- The use of your information,
- The legal basis,
- Disclosure of your information,
- Transfer of your information,
- Your rights,
- The security of the information collected,
- Storage of your information,
- External websites/applications,
- The identity of the data controller – contact details.
1. The information that we collect
We collect and process the following data:
- The information you provide to us.
This is information that you provide by completing forms on http://www.w-e-b.be, (hereinafter: our website) or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you fill-out a contact form, subscribe to our newsletter, etc. The information you provide may include personal data such as your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, telephone number, payment details, your place of employment and your job title.
- Information that we collect about you.
No data is collected when you access our website unless you fill-out the registration form for our mailing list.
- Information we receive from other sources:
This is the information that we receive from banking organisations with which we work closely, as well as from payment service companies.
3. Use of your information
We use your information in the following ways:
- Information you provide us:
- to fulfil our obligations resulting from agreements between you and us and to provide you with the information and services you require from us;
- to keep abreast of our activities and various publications;
- to provide you information about our activities that we consider to be of interest to you;
- Information we collect: not applicable
- Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you provide and the information that we collect. We may use this information and the combined information to process your dividends and send you any related information.
4. Legal basis
Your information is collected and processed on the following legal bases:
- Your information is collected and processed if it is necessary for our legitimate interests, provided that your fundamental rights and freedoms are not affected;
- Your information is collected and processed to carry out your instructions; or
- If you have given your consent to the collection and processing, for example, if you have given your explicit consent for this purpose, we may use your e-mail address to send you marketing materials.
5. Disclosure of your information
For the abovementioned purposes, we may share your information with:
- our affiliated companies (S.A. Centre commercial St Georges),
- the public authorities (including judicial and police authorities),
- banks and insurers,
- our professional advisers (for example, lawyers, auditors, experts),
- our IT service providers, for example, Easi S.A.
We shall also disclose information to third parties:
- in the event of purchase or sale of a company or assets, we reserve the right to disclose your personal information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- in such transactions, if WEB SA or all of its assets are acquired by a third party, customer information shall be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are obligated to disclose or share your data to comply with a legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of WEB SA, our customers or others. This includes sharing information with public authorities (including judicial and police authorities) in the event of a cyber incident, for example;
6. Transfer of your information
If your information is transferred outside the EEA, we shall ensure that it is protected by the following safeguards:
- the laws of the country where your information is transferred ensure an appropriate level of data protection (Article 45 of the GDPR); or
- the transfer is governed by the data protection provisions approved by the European Commission (Article 46.2 of the RGPD) or is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield;
- the transfer is based on Binding Corporate Rules (Article 47 of the GDPR);
- an approved Code of Conduct (Article 40 of the GDPR);
- an approved certification mechanism (Article 42 of the GDPR);
- an approved data transfer agreement (Article 46.3 of the GDPR);
- data protection clauses adopted by the Belgian data control authority (Article 46.2 of the GDPR).
If you would like to know more about the transfer of your information and/or the safeguards implemented (including how you can obtain a copy), please contact us using the details given in section 12 below.
7. Your rights
You have certain rights concerning the information we possess about you. You can exercise these rights by contacting us (see contact details below):
- You have the right to access the information about you that we possess – we would like you to be aware of the information we possess about you and to be able to verify that we are processing your information in accordance with the applicable Data Protection Legislation;
- You have the right, in certain circumstances, to request the restriction or deletion of the processing of your information. In the case of restricted processing, we shall continue to store your data, shall no longer use them;
- you have the right to request the rectification of your information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- you have the right, in certain circumstances, to request the deletion of your information from our systems;
- you have the right to lodge a complaint about the manner in which we handle or process your information with the national data protection authority;
- if our processing of your personal data is specifically based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This includes your right to withdraw your consent to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes;
- in certain circumstances, you have the right to receive your data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable, and interoperable format so that you can re-use it for your own purposes in relation with different services. For example, if you want to work with another service provider, you can easily and securely move your data to your new service provider.
You also have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing purposes.
However, please note that we may retain certain information for legal or administrative purposes (for example, maintaining accounting records or shareholder registers).
For all the above requests, please send us an e-mail with « data protection request » in the subject line and include a copy of your identity card or other proof of your identity (for example, driving licence) to help us prevent unauthorised access, modification, or deletion of your information. We will reply at the earliest. If we require more than one month (from the time your request is received) to respond to your request, we shall keep you informed.
8. The security of the collected information
We have implemented a number of security measures on our website to prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to the information collected and/or received. We have made every effort to create a secure and reliable website. However, please note that the confidentiality of any communication or other material communicated to us or to third parties via our website or by e-mail cannot be guaranteed. We accept no responsibility for the security of information communicated using these methods.
All the information that you provide is stored on secure servers. When you receive (or choose) a password that allows you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not share your passwords.
9. Storage of your information
Specifically, we shall only store your information concerning your online request for as long as is necessary to provide you with the requested information.
- it is necessary to process your data as regards an actual or potential dispute (for example, we need the information to establish or defend legal claims), in which case we shall retain your data until the end of such a dispute; and/or
- storage is necessary to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation (for example, for tax purposes), in which case we shall retain your information for as long as is necessary for that obligation.
10. External websites
12. Identity of the data controller – contact details